OK - I've been having a ball playing with a technique suggested by Tim Holtz (the 12 days of Christmas tags) and some gorgeous ink pads, images and rub-ons! I decided to finish something I began creating 2 years ago - an 'Inspiration Book'. I've used the Bind-it-all to bind the book, watercolour paper for the pages and created my own cover. This is the very first page in the book and the others will look a little different (will post one of these as well). The idea of the book is to record images, layouts and ideas that I find inspiring so that when I get into a 'rut' as we all do, I can flip through this and be inspired! So here is what I did for my first page...........
- Rose Madder and Damson Plum (reinkers mixed with water in a spray bottle)
- Damson Plum (Nick Bantock Pad)
- Forever Violet Perfect Pearls
- Watercolour paper
- Versafine Pads (back, grey and purple)
- Imagination rub on
- German scrap (Art Chix)
- Gold rub ons
- various stamps
- Mix Rose Madder and Damson Plum ink (from a reinker) with water and Forever Violet perfect pearls in spritzer bottle (Tim talks about this in his 12 Days of Christmas tag techniques).
- Stamp images onto watercolour card then spray with Rose Madder/water mix until card is soaked with colour.
- Soak up excess colour with an extra piece of card (leave to dry) and then stamp with female image and add extra Damson Plum around edges (colour with chalks).
- Once dry – layer image onto coloured background and embellish with rub-ons and German scrap.